keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about B100/200/400/800 ISDN BRI Cards

B800P and splitter (again)

12 years 9 months ago #7090 by mjunghanns
Unfortunately I didn't get a really usefull reply on my first posting. So I am retrying. I would like to stress, that my post is not about using NT mode at all! I am only interested in using the splitters (SP124).

I am currently about to setup an Elastix based PBX with a B800P controller.

This device has four physical ports. Along with the card, four splitters (SP124) were bundled. I suppose that the purpose of these splitters is to "duplicate" (more or less) each port, so that all of the 8 available spans/channels are accessible.

First I didn't use the splitters for some rough testing. When I connected port 1 to the NTBA, span 1 would go to OK. Then I tried to use the splitters. I plugged the splitter into port 1 (which should now make span 1 and span 8 accessible). After connecting one port of the splitter to the NT, I tried to do "dahdi show status" within asterisk CLI. This would now show me the following:
pbx*CLI> dahdi show status
Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC4 Fra Codi Options LBO
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1 YEL 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2 RED 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3 RED 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4 RED 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 5 RED 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 6 RED 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 7 RED 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 8 YEL 0 0 0 CCS AMI 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

Why on earth is port 1 and 8 on Yellow Alarm? I tried to manipulate termination jumpering of the affected ports, but that did not heal the problem either. Could anyone give me an advice on this, please?
Many thanks in advance!

Mark
12 years 9 months ago #7092 by Joe.Yung
Hi,
Please send invitation to my MSN: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Let me help you right away.

12 years 9 months ago #7102 by mjunghanns
I have sent you the info.

Regards
Mark
12 years 9 months ago #7103 by mjunghanns
Okay, eventually I found the mistake by myself. The German standard NTBA has two ports that can be used i.e. for two ISDN telephones. My mistake was, that I had my AVM Fritz!Box connected to one port, the B800P WITH splitter (SP124) on the second port. This would also cause the Fritz!Box to be unavailable from/to the outside world. Now I have the B800P connected to the Fritz!Box' internal S0 port, and everything is alright. I have no idea, why it would work without the splitter though.

Anyway, many thanks so far.
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds