keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about B100/200/400/800 ISDN BRI Cards

easy way to install OpenVox B100-B200-B400p in trixbox-2.6!

15 years 5 months ago #2143 by james.zhu
hello, all of users:
there is an easy way to install mISDN into trixbox-2.6. please go through the steps:
1) you have to install mISDN and mISDNuser packages from trixbox GUI, or run
yum list mISDN* to check the packages, and run yum install mISDN*
2) check the mISDN under /usr/sbin, it B200P, please add e884 for B200P
3) ./mISDN scan, mISDN config, mISDN start; will see one device is cerated.
4) get the chan_misdn.so and misdn.conf from the attached files
5) add loading in modules.conf : load->chan_misdn.so
6) will able to see the channels: misdn show stacks.
regards!
James.zhu

Attachments:
15 years 5 months ago #2159 by davidrhysthomas
Hi
Just tried to follow your instructions here to install B100P on a new rhino Ceros box Trixbox 2.6
No Joy
The command mISDN show stacks does not run says no such command have run it from asterick CLI and from root am i running it from the wrong place or does this mean the install is not right?
15 years 5 months ago #2161 by james.zhu
hello:
of course, you have to run the command under asterisk console. please refer that for more details:
trixbox.org/wiki/chan-misdn
regards!
James.zhu

15 years 5 months ago #2162 by davidrhysthomas
Thanks
Yes i have followed this procedure before seeing your post and i got as far as being able to make outgoing calls but not incoming ones i got a message "P[1] for one second still in use"

Since following your post i get nothing at all and the mISDN show stacks will not run at all even under asterisk -r

Why the difference in your procedure? WHat is the file chan_misdn.so for I presume that the misdn.conf you supply is the one to use and has been custonised or the B100P.

Whay the differences in the trunck strings there's is mISDN/g:0/$outnum$ is this significant

Would it be better to remove everything related to misdn and start again and if so how should i do this?

Thanks
15 years 5 months ago #2164 by james.zhu
hello:
the reason why there is a difference is that because the date is difference. in early days, i think in version 2.0 or 2.2, trixbox could not support mISDN very well. I post this, later maybe somebody posted other one. but actually, the purpose of docs is try to do few things:
1) compile mISDN and mISDNuser
2) install mISDN and mISDNuser
3) copy the chan_misdn.so into the path /usrlib/asterisk/modules
this step is very important. otherwise, you can not load misdn and no command misdn show stacks.
4) edit the mISDN under /usr/sbin for BRI 200P or B400P, please refer the some thread to detect openvox b200p and b400p. here, you can use misdn-init file, but i prefer using mISDN.
5) make sure the number of ports in misdn.conf is same with the number of ports in mISDN.conf
6) edit the trunk from trixbox GUI. you can not edit form command line, must done from GUI. it is a trixbox style.
regards!
James.zhu

15 years 5 months ago #2166 by davidrhysthomas
It all becomes slowly clearer to me
i presume you mean /usr/lib/asterisk/modules

i assume as i an using b100p i do not need to edit for 200p or 400p

both conf files have ports 1,2

i believe i now have both files in the corrrect locations but still no joy with show stacks

would it help to see text of screen or have SSH access to box
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds