keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about B100/200/400/800 ISDN BRI Cards

MDL_ERROR|REQ (tei_l2) with B200M

14 years 9 months ago #3554 by tomchadwin
Hello

I am using Astlinux ( www.astlinux.org - Asterisk 1.4.25, mISDN 1.1.7) with a B200M. I am in the UK.

I successfully tested it at my head office, where I have the following:

PRI
Avaya IP406 + So8 module

I plugged the two B200M ports into two BRI ports on the Avaya So8. Incoming and outgoing calls all worked (TE mode, point-to-multipoint, no termination).

However, when I went to the installation location, which has a BRI from our provider with four channels, hence with two wall boxes, I got the following error at the command line very soon after the Asterisk box had booted up:

MDL_ERROR|REQ (tei_l2)

Neither incoming nor outgoing calls worked. I tried changing to point-to-point, but the LEDs on the B200M did not light. I also tried changing the termination, but this made no difference.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

Tom
14 years 9 months ago #3556 by james.zhu
layer2 is down. some variants are mismatched. you have to check with the provider.
regards!
James.zhu

14 years 9 months ago #3557 by tomchadwin
Hi James

I'm not certain, but I think L2 being down is OK - doesn't the provider drop L2 after a while to save power?

> some variants are mismatched. you have to check with the provider.

Which variants do you mean? Should I ask them about PTP/PTMP? Or is there anything else I should ask them about?

Thanks for the help

Tom
14 years 9 months ago #3558 by james.zhu
i think the setting files should be same as you implemented in your previous place. please open the debug mode. you have to check again with the SP.
regards!
James.zhu

14 years 8 months ago #3588 by tomchadwin
Hi James

Thanks for the help. I don't know what was causing the error, but I tried connecting it back up again, and this time it worked.

Many thanks

Tom
14 years 8 months ago #3589 by james.zhu
i think it is different deeply in lower level such as layer2.
regards!
James.zhu

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds