keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about D-110P 1 Span E1/T1/J1 Interface Card

D110p and 1200p with 10 fxo moduls together in one machine

16 years 3 months ago #608 by Pedja
Is it possible to put card for isdn d110p and A1200p with 10fxo modules for analog lines in one machine ?

I have tried to set it up but I always get an error.
As I can see problem is in zaptel.conf were I don't know how to setup the parameters rigth.

Have anybody tried configuration like this ?

Pedja
16 years 3 months ago #610 by james.zhu
hello, Pedia:
i guess that you want to set like channel bank. you have to check how to set channel bank. you can not simply put two cards together to make it work. go to voip-ininf.org to check that. it might be helpful for you.
Regards!
james.zhu

16 years 3 months ago #611 by Pedja
I have followed the instructions for setting the channels but I always get the error.

Error is:
CAS signalling on span 2 conflicts with HDLC with FCS check on channel 28.

And I haven't pluged in the cable yet.
And when I put only one or the other carl alone it works fine.

What am I doing wrong ?

Here is the zaptel.conf

# Span 1: OPVXA1200/0 "OpenVox A1200P Board 1"
fxoks=1
fxsks=2
fxsks=3
fxsks=4
fxsks=5
fxsks=6
fxsks=7
fxsks=8
fxsks=9
fxsks=10
# channel 11, WCTDM, no module.
fxsks=12

# Span 2: WCT1/1 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 1"
span=2,2,1,ccs,hdb3
# termtype: te
bchan=13-27,29-43
dchan=28

# Global data
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

And here is zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]
[channels]
language=en
context=from-zaptel
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

group=1
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1-12

group=2
signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 13-27,29-43
16 years 3 months ago #612 by james.zhu
hello, friend:
i am not very sure that. which reference are you using?
Regards!
James.zhu

16 years 3 months ago #616 by Pedja
I have found that I forgot to put #include zapata-auto.conf where all the channels for A1200p was.

When I included that now I have another error:

ZT_SPANCONFIG failed on span 2: Invalid argument

And now I reinstalled the hole trixbox and he made during installation the same config and reported the same error. That means that my config is ok but this cards don't work together.
Am I right ?

As reference for writing the config I use voip-info.org

Pedja.
16 years 3 months ago #619 by cjm
I cannot answer your question, but there is another way to approach this problem.

I put the different cards in different machines at my company. I have a combination of trunks...some are PRI, some are IAX2 from the internet.

I also have a mix of different telephones...Grandstream voip phones, an analog key system with three lines, fax machines,, etc.

By splitting tasks between machines, I can take a machine off line -- for example, to add a fxs module for a new fax machine -- without disrupting calls for another department.

In some ways, this might be more complicated, but in other ways, it is easier. I can use "call-limit=5" for example on a SIP trunk between machines to perform the same function as a concentrator used to provide in older analog telephone systems.

The additional machines do take up more space, and they do consume a little more electrical power than a single computer would. But the individual computers don't have to be as powerful as one machine that could handle everything would have to be.

Also, Windows Vista has caused a lot of businesses to replace good P4 machines, and I found I could get excellent used Dell workstations to use as 'departmental PBX" servers for very little money.

Maybe this approach would help you avoid the problems you are experiencing with multiple telephony cards in one machine, and at the same time, make your phone system more flexible.
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds