My production server setup is:
- FreeBSD 9.2 x64
- Gigabyte B75-D3V
- Intel Core i3-3240 CPU
- 500W Sirtec PSU
- 2x 4GB DDR3 Corsair RAM
- 2x 1TB WD HDD
- 2x Openvox D230E card
- Asterisk 188.8.131.52
- dahdi 2.6.1 (installed from FreeBSD ports)
- 2x OpenVox D230E cards
- three E1 link with three different telecom providers
My test server has a different mobo (Gigabyte P61A-D3). The other system components are the same make/model as above.
For about a week or two my production server setup worked flawlessly. But starting two days ago it began acting funny:
- spans won't sync until system is restarted (span stays in RED/REC alarm)
- system reboots unexpectedly after 5-40 calls received (with no kernel panic or crash dumps)
- random incoming calls get disconnected with hangup cause 27
Thinking that maybe there is some kind of hardware problem with my server i moved the cards in my test server. Same problems with this setup, also.
- I don't use a timing cable (do I need to use one? I am using the cards ONLY for voice service).
- I configured the cards for E1 (using the interface select jumpers)
- I configured the cards to 0 and 1 using the card serial number select
- one card is using irq16 the other irq17