I have got a FD40 to set up fail-over for ISDN in China. But I have some problems, could anyone help me about these.
1. What type of cables we use for it?
As I'm searching, it is RJ48C. Is it correct? and for FD40 fail-over, should I need these 3 cables?
2. My company registered and E1 ISDN line and provider told us the line is already active. Are there any way for us to check if the line is really active? It is because when we set up ISDN, after AE810E are recognized by Elastix 2.0.3, we still do not see signals from ISDN provider.
*CLI> failover start
No such command 'failover start' (type 'core show help failover start' for other possible commands)
As I guess this is because asterisk have not loaded res_failover.so , and check this [url=../svn/test/failover/trunk/README]http://www.openvox.cn/svn/test/failover/trunk/README[/url] , it says I need to recompile asterisk.
Currently I am using Elastix 2.0.3 with Asterisk 1.6.x. Are there any affects to elastix if I recompile asterisk?
Do I really need to recompile asterisk or are there any ways for asterisk to load res_failover.so to work?
I'm appreciated any of your advices or your guides as we urgently need to solve these problems.
1. Yes, cable RJ48 is correct!
2. Please ensure that the AE810E is a product for PSTN, this is a analog card. You can choose the E1 card for ISDN refer this link
3. You can download the source of asterisk from Elastix and compile the res_failover.so without 'make install', cp res_failover.so to /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ after 'make'.