keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about VS-GW2120/GW1600/GW1202 and WGW1002G GSM Series VoIP Gateway

GSM Gateway stop sending SMS using HTTP SMS

9 years 4 months ago #10078 by amieru
Hello,

I am currently encountering a big problem now, the gateway will be live soon so I need to fix this issue as soon as possible.

During my stress test I encountered error when sending multiple SMS using HTTP to SMS. It looks like the script sendsms.cpp cannot get an available GSM port that leads to Timeout error. Once the problem occur, the result will be blank and the gateway will not be able to send SMS unless you restart the device.

Example:
I have a 50 SMS to send, the error will occur on let's say the 20th message and the remaining SMS will failed.

I am attaching the debug logs so you can see the error. I hope we can resolve this issue and thank you in advance.
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #10079 by amieru
9 years 4 months ago #10082 by lindali
Hi amieru,

I cannot open the log link. Did you use gateway with 20 ports? You need to control your sms sending speed when the sms number is more than the ports. The HTTP to SMS interface only let you have a way to send sms using your own app, but it doesn't have the sms sequence itself.

If you still have questions, please add my skype to your contact list. My work time is ,9:00-18:00 UTC+8, from Monday to Friday.

Best regards,
Linda Li
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
9 years 4 months ago #10083 by amieru

lindali wrote: Hi amieru,

I cannot open the log link. Did you use gateway with 20 ports? You need to control your sms sending speed when the sms number is more than the ports. The HTTP to SMS interface only let you have a way to send sms using your own app, but it doesn't have the sms sequence itself.

If you still have questions, please add my skype to your contact list. My work time is ,9:00-18:00 UTC+8, from Monday to Friday.

Best regards,
Linda Li
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hi linda, thank you for your reply, i emailed the debug log to you so you can see it.

Im only using 4 ports gsm gateway but i created a queueing of message to control the speed of sending. On my queueing script, The sms is being send one at a time . The script will only send another request after the previous request was finished and i can verify it by looking at the status of gsm ports on status page.

Before, i encountered this problem when sending multiple request that's why i created a queueing method to solve this issue but unfortunately even sending a sms request one at a time i still experience the same problem.

If you cam remember I mention this concern to you before on skype, i ask you if openvox has queueing of sms request.

Please help me fix this problem. Thanks.
9 years 3 months ago #10170 by redealujmni
I am experiencing the same issue ( openvox.cn/forum/gsm-gateway/2676-bug-gs...s-stops-sending.html ), did you find any way to fix it for good?

I increased the timeouts and noticed it got a little better, but eventually it will start returning blanks and will return to normal after a reboot. I am also trying an hourly reboot to amend the issue.
9 years 3 months ago #10171 by amieru
Sorry but i did not fix this issue. Sadly I got no support at all, no reply from openvox support team.
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds