keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about G400/G410 Cards.

G400P4 - supported bands?

12 years 1 month ago #7853 by bulletin
Hi there, we have just received a G400P for testing purposes, looking to replace external USB modems, but it looks like the G400P doesn't recognise certain network SIMs.
We cannot get the device to acknowledge Telecom XT SIMs (UMTS- 850 and UMTS-2100), or 2degrees Mobile SIMs (GSM-900 and UMTS-2100). It will acknowledge Vodafone NZ SIMs (GSM-900 and GSM-1800, UMTS-900 and UMTS-2100).

I can understand the Telecom SIMs not working, being all UMTS, but what about the 2degrees SIMs - these should work given there is a GSM frequency?
12 years 1 month ago #7859 by Joe.Yung
Hello,

The GSM modem(M20) of G400P doesn't support UMTS mobile telephony technology.

12 years 1 month ago #7862 by miaolin
Your module might have to do a firmware upgrade to support the new network, our G400P module is a 4 band module. we need contact the supplier of GSM module, please wait response.
12 years 1 month ago #7863 by miaolin
which country are you in?
12 years 1 week ago #7958 by bojans
Hello!

I'm sorry to jump in this thread but I have a similar problem. We're in Slovenia and we are trying to use 2 SIM cards from two different providers - Mobitel and Si.mobil. The Mobitel SIM card is recognized and works perfectly but the Si.mobil SIM card is not entirely working. In Asterisk CLI we can see that it is Provisioned, Up, Active but we cannot make inbound (if you call the number you are greeted with the "The number you are calling is not available." message like you had your phone turned off) or outbound calls (we receive the Asterisk "All circuits are busy now" message).

What should we do?
12 years 1 week ago #7960 by Joe.Yung
Hello,

Can you enable the debug parameter on the CLI and try to make a call?

After that, please post the whole call flow info(including the AT commands) to here.

BTW, switch the module debug parameter to debug=0xFF, then post the whole dmesg info to here as well.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds