keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

A400E -- Problems with USA PSTN

16 years 1 month ago #848 by miaolin
what is your hardware and linux version?
16 years 1 month ago #851 by tdurante
Hi Miaolin,

There we go:

OS = Slackware 12

root@us-miami-pbx:~# uname -a
Linux us-miami-pbx 2.6.21.5-smp #2 SMP Tue Jun 19 14:58:11 CDT 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

root@us-miami-pbx:~# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation DRAM Controller (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation PCI Express Root Port (rev 02)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 92)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation LPC Interface Controller (rev 02)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 4 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 02)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation SMBus Controller (rev 02)
00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 02)
01:00.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8111 PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev 21)
02:00.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseTX [Boomerang]

Thanks!! =)
16 years 1 month ago #858 by miaolin
I suggest you do not use the E2160 CPU, It is almost the latest model, use the older model that already be sold in the market for 1 year.

another customer's post have similer issue but in Chinese language. After he change another cpu, everything work fine.
16 years 1 month ago #868 by tdurante
Miaolin,

I don't think I can change this hardware anymore, since I'm in Brazil now. This solution that you're suggesting is no viable! You guys should warn your costumers about this kind of issue, like put some "recommended hardware" in your site. Since there is no recommended hardware there I assume that any GOOD and FUNCTIONAL hardware must work fine.

It's not easy to find old hardware to buy in USA, but if you guys had any warn about that -- at least I could check it or buy my card from another brand.

I'm really not happy with this [no] solution. And it'll might complicate futures purchases between my company and Openvox.

Please, there is any other solution to this issue?
16 years 1 month ago #872 by james.zhu
hello, tdurante:
sorry for that. we understand your case. the problem is that there are so many hardware with different versions or modes, we can not test all of them, i think even Digium or others also can can not to do that because kernel is very sensitive to hardware such as CPU, motherboard and harddisk. here, i give you a link, please check that:http://www.asteriskmotherboards.com/, i think it may give your some recommendations.
James.zhu

16 years 3 weeks ago #894 by tdurante
Hi James,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. In these chinese posts, people that were using the same processor that I'm changed to which one to solve their problems?

Do you think this is an issue that is going to be solved in the next zaptel module pack? Do you guys think it'd be a good idea to access my server and try to find out what is happening?

Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds