keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

A1200P on Ubuntu 9.10

14 years 4 months ago #4422 by ybz
Hello,

I did full installation of Asterisk from the Ubuntu packages (.deb), version 9.10. Installation went well, but the system does not recognize the A1200P card:
$ lsdahdi
### Span 1: DAHDI_DUMMY/1 "DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1" (MASTER)

$ lspci -v
02:01.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
Subsystem: Device 9100:0001
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 9
I/O ports at b800
Memory at ff5ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
Kernel modules: hisax

When I did (earlier) another installation by compiling the source code + the A1200P installation instructions, it all went well.

The question now is how to make it work when using the Ubuntu .deb packages installation (the reason for using the .deb packages is the ability to keep the system up to date with security updates and kernel updates).

Note that the file list of the dahdi-dkms ubuntu package ( http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/all/dahdi-dkms/filelist ) includes the opvxa1200.c, but for some unclear reason it is not working.

How can I make this driver to work under these dahdi packages?

i] Last edited by ybz at 2009-12-22 05:52 [/i
14 years 4 months ago #4423 by Denins.Den
You must compile the a1200p driver from source code, the deb packages don't have our A1200P driver.
14 years 4 months ago #4424 by james.zhu
hi:
it is better to get a source from our website, maybe you have to patch the pciid to detect the card.
please give Mr. Denins.den ssh, he will check for you.
regards!
James.zhu

14 years 4 months ago #4434 by ybz
Thank you for the answer.
The problem with compiling your driver (which I did successfully in the previous installation), is that I lose the integrity of the debian packages (when they will be updated in the future). In fact this is what happened with the previous installation: they have updated the kernel and then the module was not updated to the new version of the kernel (no dynamic load of modules).

How do you explain that the opvxa1200.c file is listed on the dahdi-linux package as specified above. See another reference to that: https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/dahdi-linux/karmic (look for "openvox", "opvxa1200.c" and you will see recent references for inclusions of that).

I believe the solution is somewhere around this package. The only question is how...?

Thank you for your help.
Best,
YBZ
14 years 4 months ago #4435 by Denins.Den
I check this link:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/dahdi-linux/karmic/annotate/head%3A/drivers/dahdi/Kbuild
it lost one line which used by opvxa1200.c, please add one line in this file:
obj-$(DAHDI_BUILD_ALL)$(CONFIG_DAHDI_WCTDM) += opvxa1200.o
14 years 4 months ago #4444 by ybz
This is still not working. I have updated the Kbuild as required, re-build the package and installed it, but it fails to work (opvxa1200 module is not loaded).
Any other idea how to make it work? I prefer to work with Ubuntu packages in order to rely on their reliable update mechanism. If I do the compilation myself, then I won't be able to use the Ubuntu service.
Just a thought - can I do just the dahdi-linux compilation and install all others from the Ubuntu packages?
Best,
YBZ
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds