Outbound Call Routing - Elastix

14 years 2 months ago #4814 by jyzlim
Hi all,

I finally got elastix installed on my appliance,

Current using version Elastix 1.6-12
Asterisk version : 1.4.26.1
Using DAHDI

My scenario is as such:

2 FXO Modules connected to PSTN, 2 FXS Modules to 2 Internal Extensions (POTS Phones).

Everything works great, just that i want to do Outbound call routing:

i.e. All outbound calls from Extension 01 will automatically be routed to 1st Channel
All outbound calls from Extension 02 will automatically be routed to 2nd Channel

What must i do in Elastix or FreePBX to make this happen?

Right now how it works is:

When someone makes an outbound call from extension 01, they will be assigned the first available channel (i.e. Channel g/01)
Channel g/02 will only be used as an outbound ONLY when g/01 is already in use.

Hoping someone here can help,

Thanks!
14 years 2 months ago #4816 by Joe.Yung
Hello,
For the outbound route:
Custom two different context for these two outbound routes.
e.g.: Outbound Route one
>context = from-openvox one
Outbound Route two
>context = from-openvox two
For the dial plan:
Outbound Route one
>Prefix set it to be 11
Outbound Route two
>Prefix set it to be 22
These are used for OUTBOUND CALL ROUTING. I have no idea how to control the incoming calls. And right now,we have already changed the Elastix default contexts,I do not know other features whether or not still work well after these modifications.

14 years 2 months ago #4818 by jyzlim
Hi there,

I have already done the routing for incoming calls, it can be done via the embedded FreePBX that comes with the latest Elastix by assigning the appropriate Zap Channels to each trunk, from there you can use DID of each of the Zap channel to perform inbound routing.

Thanks for the reply, but what do i have to edit to make the changes you described above?
Does any of the guides provided by OpenVoX provide instructions on how to do this? The one i have on Elastix Installation does not have any information on this.

Thanks!
14 years 2 months ago #4820 by Joe.Yung
Hello,
Well,the default context value is from-pstn when you click the "hardware detection" on the GUI.It also would be set automatically by dahdi_genconf command.The configure file dahdi-channels.conf under directory /etc/asterisk,it shows that all the modules parameters. In there, find the FXO modules, and set the context as my description above.and add the prefix on the GUI setting.
That means define context manually, and add prefix for the dial plan.
It might be helpful for you.

14 years 2 months ago #4834 by jyzlim
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however for inbound call routing to work, it is necessary for to set the context to from-zaptel.
This is a known issue in elastix for it work when dealing with inbound PSTN calls that need to be routed to the specific extensions. So when i tried to change it to a different context as you mentioned, my inbound call routes are affected.

Thanks!
14 years 2 months ago #4840 by Joe.Yung
Hello,
Well, as your description,maybe you can only use the prefix to filter other extensions.Keep the context values by default. So that it might be implemented your wanted features.I mean that:
For the dial plan:
Outbound Route one
>Prefix set it to be 11
Outbound Route two
>Prefix set it to be 22
Others are kept default values.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds