keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

Faxing with A400E FXS line and 2x B100p cards

13 years 9 months ago #5968 by czajka
Hello,

I'm planning to build a elastix based pbx with analog fax connected to A400E (PCIe) line. There are two isdn trunks intended to be connected to two b100p cards.

Would I be able to receive and send faxes in such configuration. I've already readed a topic about synchronization cable, but i can't use it since there is no such port in bri cards.

Ideas?
13 years 9 months ago #5969 by svolta
Hi,
Sorry for my bad English, I don't kown What is your exact problem and which card you want to be used as fax!
You can add my MSN that I can get more information to help you, my MSN : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

regards!
svolta
13 years 9 months ago #5970 by czajka
Right now i've such configuration:

ISDN trunk -> noname hfc-pci card -> ip pbx -> ip ulaw extension -> linksys pap2t -> fax machine.

Whole pbx work fine with voice connections, but fax is very sensitive transmission and is easy to lose connection, some incoming faxes are broken, almost all outgoing faxes also broken.
So i want to rework this flow to something like:

ISDN trunk -> openvox hfc-pci -> ip pbx -> openvox fxs -> fax machine.

General configuration of pbx is no the problem. I'm simply wondering if faxes won't be broken like in current configuration.
As i've already readed thread about sync cable, it's know that is designed to prevent loosing fax transmission in effect of transmission breaks, when different clocks are used on communication cards. But there is no clock connecton on bri cards.

So i would like to share some experience with faxing on specified cards, I'm not sure that changing fxs from linksys pap to openvox fxs would fix my issues.
Also changing noname hfc to openvox hfc probaby won't change much in transmission handling, as long there is same chipset used to talk to isdn.
13 years 9 months ago #5971 by svolta
Hi,
As far as I know fax on asterisk is not very stable already, I suggest you use other solutions if you need it!
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds