keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

Fax issues using Elastix with an A400P card

13 years 7 months ago #6234 by moussafir
Hello all,

I have installed the same Elastix configuration on two machines: One using a Digium TDM400 card and the other one using the OpenVox A400P card.
I started testing the fax receiving functionnality for the two machines by sending faxes from the same number using the same line.
While I am able to receive good quality faxes on the machine using the Digium card, I receive poor quality fax files (lines missing) using the machine with the OpenVox card. Sometimes, the fax is not even detected on the machine using the A400P card and the call is sent to the wrong extension.

Is there any specific modification/configuration I have to perform to solve this problem ?

Regards,
Moussafir
13 years 7 months ago #6235 by moussafir
Forgot to mention the Elastix version used: The latest 2.0
13 years 7 months ago #6238 by lisa.gao
HI,
Please add my MSN: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or G talk: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

13 years 6 months ago #6339 by milauria
I would like to connect a fax to FXS and send faxes through the FXO / PSTN port.

Knowing all the difficoulties of faxing over IP I want to share a single PSTN line for incoming calls and for sending with my fax machine (no fax to email).

Does it work this configuration ? I have only one FXO and would like to know if there are any limitations of the card with this configuration before buying.

Is it the A400P fully equivalent to the TDM400 for this purpose ?

Thanks

i] Last edited by milauria at 2010-10-27 06:02 [/i
13 years 6 months ago #6340 by Denins.Den
13 years 6 months ago #6342 by milauria
Thanks for the reply, to avoid well known SIP issues for faxing I was thinking to route outgoing faxes from FXS to FXO on a PSTN line shared with other extensions on the same pbx and avoid all voip limitations for faxing highlighted in the document ... any experience with the A400P to do this ? regards

i] Last edited by milauria at 2010-10-28 06:45 [/i
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds