keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

Not auloading A1200P for centos 4.5 and zaptel .1.4.5.1

16 years 7 months ago #406 by james.zhu
hello, all of customers:
Recently, some customers reported that the a1200p drivers could not load automatically during system booting. thanks for the feedbacks. i checked it again. I Found that maybe some customers missed few steps. few points should be came in mind:
1) Make sure that the zaptel.sysconf and zaptel.init are set correctly before compiling zaptel.
2) Do not forget run command: make config as a last step for install zaptel
3) Run the command:genzaptel -d under /usr/src/zaptel/xpp/util to detect the A1200P hardware.
4) During the first booting time, the kudzu will find a new hardware, please config it. but later you do not need config again, just do nothing.
5) During the booting time, if asterisk can not load the zaptel driver, but zaptel drivers can load by ztcfg, please check the zapata.conf and make sure it can meet asterisk requirement.
the testing tools are Centos 4.5, Zaptel 1.4.5.1 and kernel:2.6.9-55.EL if customers still have problems in install A1200P for auto reload, please report to us.
Regards!
James.zhu

16 years 7 months ago #409 by licedey
Centos 4.5, Zaptel 1.4.4 and Zaptel 1.4.5.1 Linux version 2.6.9-42.ELsmp

By the way, A400P card also fails to autoload.

Probably the bug is in the zaptel 1.4.x version installation script. Which doesn't generates softlinks directed to /etc/init.d/zaptel, such as:
/etc/rc0.d/K92zaptel
/etc/rc1.d/K92zaptel
/etc/rc6.d/K92zaptel

Current work around for this problem: before installing Zaptel 1.4 verison, install first Zaptel 1.2.x, do make config. And then install zaptel 1.4 drivers.
16 years 7 months ago #410 by licedey
I was waiting long for solution from openvox.

Well, here is the solution I found today.

New Zaptel 1.4.x drivers adds zaptel to runlevel services, but disables it by default.
You can enabled the zaptel runlevel service by running a simple interface utility:

# ntsysv

Then scroll down and check the option with zaptel, save and reboot.

Or you can also try to run the following, from the command line:

# chkconfig zaptel on

or

# chkconfig zaptel 0123456 on

I hope it can help someone, Alisher
16 years 6 months ago #414 by licedey
Although, the solution I posted above "chkconfig zaptel on" fixed the autoloading problem, there is still one issue remaining.

4) During the first booting time, the kudzu will find a new hardware, please config it. but later you do not need config again, just do nothing.

When we use Zaptel 1.4.x version drivers, on each reboot we can see an annoying Kudzu, asking us to romove Tigerjet hardware and then configure it again. We can ignore it, but it still wastes the booting time. I took a test of with different boards, and found that all Openvox boards suffers from this issue, including both Analog and digital cards.

Also, it's not good to remove Kudzu from startup, since we need when we upgrade the hardware and etc.

There is no such issue with Zaptel 1.2.x drivers. So I think, the first work around, that I posted before,

before installing Zaptel 1.4 verison, install first Zaptel 1.2.x, do make config. And then install zaptel 1.4 drivers.

is current best solution for this issue. It may take few minutes longer to compile both zaptel 1.2.x and zaptel 1.4.x but later, that will reduce the booting time.
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds