keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

Will A-400P work ok in a VIA C7 1GHz processor??

16 years 2 months ago #717 by ramoncio
Dear sirs,
I bougth a couple of A1200P some months ago, and I had deep trouble installing them in a AMD dual core board: sync errors in dmesg and sound problems.
Finally you told me on this forum that it might be some incompatibility with the AMD dual core mainboards.
I changed the mainboard for an Intel one, and everything went fine.
I got quite angry, because I didn't see anything about hardware incompatibilities at your webpage, where I bought the cards, nor in the documentation. And I still can't see it now!!

So now I'm planning to deploy a very small asterisk installation (just 2 fxs and 2 fxo are needed) and I was thinking about getting a MSI Axis 700 lite with a VIA C7 1GHz processor. It is a very small and silent machine, and its power use is very low.
I have tried it with a X100P clone and it works perfect.
Will I have any incompatibility issues with your A-400P card?

Thank you
16 years 2 months ago #718 by miaolin
We never get report on compatibility issue on Via board. and we had some case run on such plateform, seems it work fine.

For the AMD dual-core, most time it have issue on device driver of chipset. intel chipset have better support on linux.
16 years 2 months ago #719 by james.zhu
hello, ramoncio:
firstly, i have to say sorry for that. it is true that there is no any comment about hardware in our docs. the reasons is that there are so many hardware, we are not able to cover those stuffs. Before buying the hardware, i suggest that you should go to openvox.com.cn, asterisk.org or trixbox.org if you install your card under that to ask some users and get ideas for your solutions. like what Mr.miaolin said, most of issues are from chipset, which kernel does not work very well with, and subsequently, the system will run under unstable condition. sorry again!
Regards,
James.zhu

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds