keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

Can it used with DID?

17 years 5 months ago #145 by
I am using analog trunks with DID phone numbers in Canada. Can A-400P FXO cards detect the DID signals from the phone company? I'm using Trixbox version 1.2.
17 years 5 months ago #146 by miaolin
yes, i can use with DID
15 years 11 months ago #1103 by cjm
I'm interested in being able to use this card for analog DID trunks myself. Are there any suggestions as to trunk configuration, such as wink start, immediate start, loop start?

I'm in the United States, and in this region, Qwest is the telephone company. Our legacy telephone gear is running wink start and 4 digit dtmf feed.

I had no idea that the A400P could run with anything but POTS lines, and if it really does work with DID trunks, this could be a huge avantage for small business where PRI and/or T1 lines are unavailable.

For example, I could set up a TrixBox server in a distant town with 2 incoming analog DID trunks and connect this to my small inbound call center (telephone answering service) via an iax2 trunk over the internet. There is a demand for the service, but PRI service is too expensive for the relatively small number of clients. A couple of analog trunks would be much less expensive.
15 years 11 months ago #1104 by miaolin
The card support DID and Wink start, please refer to this page:
www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=As...k+config+zapata.conf
15 years 11 months ago #1111 by cjm
Thank you for the information.

The reason I asked, is that about two years ago, before I had heard of OpenVox, I contacted Digium to inquire if their analog FXO products would work with analog DID trunks.

At that time, their sales people told me it was not possible...and that I could only have DID trunks with digital service -- a T1 or PRI line and a digital card.

I assumed they were correct...and that was my mistake.

But because they were sort of abrupt and rude, when I did switch to PRI at our office, I used OpenVox hardware instead of Digium anyway. :D
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds