keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

Help A1200P and asterisk now

15 years 2 months ago #2712 by pctouch
So is it or not possible?,or I have to stick with trixbox.
15 years 2 months ago #2714 by james.zhu
hello,
please try to install asteriskNow-1.5, it supports freepbx GUI. if so, it may be much easier to configure the our a1200p. in the previous versions, the problem is that configuration for ports from GUI, it is hard to set that with third party manufactures.
regards!
James.zhu

15 years 2 months ago #2715 by tdurante
pctouch,
What I'd recommend to you, as it seems to be the first time you do configure an Asterisk, is to do it from scratch.

Download your favorite flavor of Linux, I recommend Ubuntu Server, there is a LOT of documentation and great community, download the packs to install Asterisk, Zaptel, the drivers from Openvox and compile it.

Its pretty easy, but, of course, it depends of how much about Linux you know.

If you don't know it well, then it'll be a littler harder, but you can work it out. However then I'd suggest Trixbox, fore sure.

Another thing, if I got you right you're putting 4 cards in the same machine, right? Watch out for the IRQ, the cards can't share it in between them or with another devices.

Jamez and Miaolin,
Do you guys can tell us if the current version of Trixbox comes with Openvox modules? Or even a order version...

regards,
15 years 2 months ago #2716 by pctouch
Ok, I have no problem using trixbox SE which I belive is the free version at this point I have another server runing asterisk now with 4 TDM400p I got some experience with linux,my lspci -vvvvv recognized my four cards without an issue, I just need to install the drivers on Dahdi,
or if you guys recomend to go to trixbox better, I will do it.
Thanks pfor the help and please guide me.
15 years 2 months ago #2717 by pctouch
II hav eintalled on this server asterisk now 1.5 with the 4 cards A1200P I downloaded the drivers, what is next?
15 years 2 months ago #2718 by james.zhu
hello,
the asteriskNow-1.5 is very new, I do not try that yet. the AsteriskNow does not officially support our cards, therefore, we can not guarantee the system can work properly. you have to try that first. if you want to try that, please do it in this way:
1) you have to download our drivers and recompile zaptel as you install centos+zaptel+asterisk.
2) configure freepbx from gui

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds