keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

Help, my OpenVox card doesn't work anymore!

15 years 10 months ago #1225 by superwormy
1, The hardware configuration; Such as CPU, main board and so on:
Intel P4 1500mhz
Dell Dimension 4300
512mb RAM

2, The model and version of the card;
How do I tell? I just bought it last month, don't you know what you sent me?

3, OS, and the version;
Elastix 1.0-17 (CentOS)

4, The error log (Both Linux and Asterisk);
Where do I find this...?

5, The version of Asterisk and the driver. If you use Trixbox or other PBX systems, please indicate the version too;
Where do I find this...?

6, Describe the problems in detail;
For the last month, the card has worked flawlessly. It gets detected as a Wildcard TDM, and answers calls and sends them out to our VoIP phones without any problems what-so-ever. Yesterday, the card quit working. Now, *if the phone line is plugged into the card, regardless or whether or not the computer the card is in is turned on or off* our phone lines all think they're busy*. If people call us, they just get a busy signal, even if the computer with the card in it is turned off. We have other analog phones on the same line as the PBX, and if a phone line is plugged into the PBX now, those other phones never even get a dial-tone. As soon as I unplug the phone line from the PBX, they get a dial-time again. I assume something burned up in the card or something...?

7, Please enclose the related profile of the configuration.
What profile...? Where do I find this?
15 years 10 months ago #1236 by james.zhu
hi:
please give me logs from /var/log/asterisk/messages and the result of dmesg, otherwise, it is too hard to guess the problem. if you do not know that, please ask your engineer to get that stuff.
regards!
James.zhu

15 years 10 months ago #1241 by superwormy
Here is the asterisk log file and the output of dmesg, even though this is pretty clearly a *hardware* problem at this point.

Asterisk log:
www.academickeys.com/tmp/asterisk%20log.txt

dmesg output:
www.academickeys.com/tmp/dmesg%20output.txt

This is what happens:
- Dell computer with OpenVox card
- I plug the card into the phone line
- If I call it from my cell phone, I get a busy signal

- Now, without touching anything else, I unplug the phone line from the OpenVox card
- If I call it, it rings fine!

This happens *even if the Dell computer with the OpenVox card is *turned off and unplugged**, so it's not an Asterisk configuration issue at all. The OpenVox card is sending a busy signal as soon as it is plugged into the phone line, regardless of whether the computer is on, off, unplugged, etc.

This was working perfectly for a month and a half, and then this started happening the other day, with no configuration changes to the computer at all.

The card has a 2-year warranty and we purchased it last month, can we get it exchanged?
15 years 10 months ago #1243 by james.zhu
hello,
please give me(This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) ssh account and i will check it for you. if be sure, the hardware damaged, you can return back to us.
regards!
James.zhu

15 years 10 months ago #1273 by james.zhu
hi:
i have checked the system, the hardware looks ok. there is no any error from logs related with hardware. Could you show me the information of incoming call or logs?
regards!
James.zhu

15 years 10 months ago #1282 by Jennifer
Hi,

Pls contact me as soon as possible, I will process RMA for you.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Jennifer Peng

Openvox Communication (HK) Co.,Ltd
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
MSN: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Gtalk: jenniferpeng07
Mobile: +86-13428982362
Tel: +86-755-82535461(direct)
Fax: +1 (815)550-1850
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds